Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Rate, The Conversation and Fruit!

Well it turns out that money changer I refused to change with last week was right. Over the past few days the black market rate has been just about killed. Damn. There's a big conference in town next week so we're all hoping things will go back to normal after that. Man I donn't even know where an offical money changer is.

Last night I attended a small house party with a number of local expats. At one point I ended up in a conversation with two people who's first language was French and one who's first language was Spanish. The easiest language to communicate in was Russian so that's what we spoke. I know that sounds pompous, but whatever it was kind of cool and it's a tough laguage to learn.

Summer fruit has finally come to the bazaars. I just came back from buying two kilos of strawberries and I will be eating them all today. Didn't even negotiate. I heard last that they were now in stock and almost ran to get some this morning. So good, and not all white on the inside like the 'roid berries we get in Canada.

Not much else going on...short post today I guess. Go Canucks!

1 comment:

  1. "... easiest language to communicate in was Russian ... it was kind of cool and it's a tough laguage to learn."

    Hey, here's an idea ... how about learning English first? ... "laguage"?

    Doh ... I told myself to be nice here ... sigh, oh well - but admit it, you miss my harrassing phone calls anyways, right? I know I miss givin you a hard time!

    Anyways - keep up the good work, it's always an entertaining read!

    ReplyDelete