Well that's half, or a little bit more than half actually. Excellent experience so far. Amazing how fast time passes. Seems about last week that I was standing in line at passport control here watching Canada win the gold medal game at the Olympics.
Hmmmmm....I'd say highlights so far have been the trip to Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan, bowling (just because it seems to weird to do here) and just getting up every morning, walking out of my apartment and being in Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan.
I don't think the next almost 3 months are going to see anything too too different. I very much want to get to Tajikistan. It's the only former Soviet Stan I haven't been too. It's close, bordering on Uzbekistan, but unfortunately the regimes to not have a good rapport and so there are no direct flights. Anyway, will just mean a bit of a longer drive, something for later June or July I think. I think that's probably going to be it for big trips. Apparently Tashkent will start to get progressively to the point of being unbearably right about the beginning of June. Good thing for air conditioning.
Anyway, it's been an astoundingly cultured week this week. On Tuesday I went to the Opera. It was Tosca in Russian. Ahhhh not a huge opera fan but the singing is certainly impressive. Yesterday the French Cultural Centre put on a concert by a classical guitar player, which was excellent. I guess all that's left is to go to the ballet....we'll see.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha, when I first saw the title, I thought it read "dancing cockroaches"..now that peaked my curiousity! ;)
ReplyDelete