Not too exciting of a week this week, so just a couple of short anecdotes. People, at least the people in my office here, really really get into social events, usually in the form of singing and dancing. Friday after work our new boss organized a BBQ in the backyard of the office. So about 5 we all trooped back there and there was a nice spread of food and drinks. Actually really nice. After about an hour the first suggestion to start singing was made. Russian songs, which I don't know, so no problem. After a while though that got boring and there was a call for an Italian song, then a Japanese song and then Canadian and American songs. damnit. Italian and Japanese songs were no problems but the 3 of us (2 Canadians and 1 American) couldn't come up with a song that we all knew the words too. We decided to do a folksy-type song and eventually settled on 'Puff the Magic Dragon' which I found the lyrics for on-line. None of the local staff knew the song but I think it may have raised an eyebrow among the other western staff who did. Maybe not the best song considering what the office is. Anyway, fun times.
The building I live in here is an L-shape and my living room overlooks the inside corner of the L. On Wednesday evening I heard a big commotion, almost an argument coming from the inside corner. About an hour later I went out for dinner an saw the, well, loud discussion was still going on between about 20 of the building's residents. On Thurday night I came in after dark and found there is now a spotlight fixed on the side of the building, pointing at the corner and a big no smoking sign hanging from one of the trees. I guess some teenagers had been smoking by the building and bothering some of the people. The light doesn't shine in my window but I really don't know how the people on the first floor are supposed to sleep now. Maybe their bedrooms are on the other side.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment