Saturday, March 6, 2010

First Week

Well It's been a good first week, really good. I've found an apartment, a really nice apartment. Close to the office too which is excellent!
I spent the first couple of days getting accustomed to the office, meeting people, finding my way around. Seems like a good group. Everyone is very keen on speaking to me in English. I went along with it at first but next week it's all about the Russian!
I'm trying to track down an Uzbek teacher, man it's different from anything I've heard before. Will hopefully be able to get going on that next week.
This is actually a long weekend here, for International Women's Day, which is on Monday- so my first weekend is a long one!
As I hadn't really seen much of the city I started off today (Saturday) by heading into the centre and really just wandering around. Saw a lot of monuments and attractions as well as went to a couple of the bazaars and, of course, the mall.
That's about it for now....as I do more interesting things, or at least things I think are interesting, I'll keep posting!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dave, sounds like an adventure! I laughed when I read your post about the lincoln navigator. We never stop working! All is well here, I will send more in an email.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying your new adventure. Glad to hear the apartment hunt went well; you seemed really concerned that it would be difficult.
    We chuckled when you mentioned how eager they were to speak to you in English instead of Russian. Figures, eh!
    Enjoy your long weekend (lucky Guy!) - looking forward to some interesting photos when you return.
    Take care!
    G&L

    ReplyDelete