Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Peggy's

Last night I went to Peggy's. Peggy's is a tex-mex restaurant and, actually quite a good one. The location is totally bizarre though. It's located way out in the, I'm gonna say western (although I'm not actually which direction we went) part of Tashkent. The road has no street lights and the only way the taxi driver will know where to go is if you tell him to stop at the champagne factory which is, apparently, close by.
Anyway, like most 'up-scale' places in the former Soviet Union, they are all about the face-contol. It's like a dress-code but based on your complete appearance, not just what you're wearing. We passed and were allowed in. It's huge and actually quite well done up inside. Kind of looks like a Montana's. Anyway, not that interesting but was just kind of surreal to be in a place like that in Uzbekistan. Even had a band that played really good CCR, Eric Clapton and Dire Straights cover tunes. Almost felt like I was back in the west.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dave, I found your blog through the Canadem website and I enjoy it thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dave

    I am really enjoying the posts - this one was great and I can picture it! And the shiny suits - fantastic. Stay well!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete